Good Morning Year 1
Firstly, may I say I hope you had a good break. I’m Sorry I can’t be with you in class, teaching you as usual tomorrow. Instead, I’m putting on a speed sound lesson for English and some maths too. Don’t forget to take a break in between!
For English you will need your eyes and ears, of course and a piece of paper, a pencil and a different colour pen or pencil crayon to correct your work. First watch the video below.
You can stop it each time you practice writing each word then play it to check your spelling. Make any changes with a different colour pen.
Now, look carefully at your list of words. Can you choose some and write them in a sentence. Remember to say it before you write it and keep saying it as you write it. Include capital letters, finger spaces and full stops. How super can you make your sentences?
Maths – Introducing weight and mass
- 1. Chant – say these number bonds to 10
- 0+10=10, 1+9=10, 2+8=10, 3+7=10, 4+6=10, 5+5=10, 6+4=10, 7+3=10, 8+2=10, 9+1=10, 10+0=10
2. Choose 2 objects in the house and compare them. Which one is heavy? Which one is light?
3. Read the slides and answer the questions.
3. Look at each picture of the scales and objects. Write a sentence to go with each one e.g. the banana is heavier than the apple, the feather is lighter than the brick, the circle is equal to the triangle. Use the words in bold in your sentences.
Now try this tricky one!
Take care, be safe, keep active and I hope to see you soon – Mrs Pickering